When do we collect personal information?
UBT collects Personal Information about individuals directly from those individuals or their authorised representative.
When you interact with us, we may collect Personal Information, such as names, contact details and other relevant information. Some instances of this are when you:
- apply for membership to our website
- use products or services
- contact us by telephone
- register for or attend seminars, presentations, meetings, webinars or our premises
- complete electronic, verbal or paper based registrations, feedback, surveys, promotions, emails, instructions or enquiry forms
- subscribe to a publication, newsletter or mailing list
- apply for a job or volunteer your services
- provide information voluntarily
We do not collect Sensitive Information without your consent and then only if it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our activities, for example for establishing membership to the ubteam.com.au website, for arranging catering and access to facilities, for tax advice or for investigating a complaint.
UBT may also collect Personal Information about you from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- You have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect information in this way.
Example: When personal information is updated with another party trading under the UBT brand, this may be updated in our databases as well.
- b. It was not reasonable or practical to collect this information directly from you.
Example: We may obtain reports from preferred suppliers about services provided to members for understanding use by members, negotiating better terms, auditing supplier reports and improving customer service.